Everyone wants to keep their natural teeth for a lifetime, but many people are troubled by tooth decay and will have to endure tooth loss if it is not taken care of.
Here’s a short guide to avoiding the pain of tooth decay.
Plaque forms when food gets trapped in the teeth and bacteria begins to grow. The acid plaque eats away at the enamel, removing the mineral content to destroy the tooth’s protective, hard layer. Untreated holes leave the the vulnerable to decay.
Tooth Decay Risk
Everyone can be prone to have tooth decay if they do not properly care for their oral hygiene. Some individuals have a greater risk than others. This includes:
- People with diabetes
- People who eat a lot of sugary or high carb foods
- People who don’t floss or brush their teeth properly or regularly
- Have a dry mouth
Tips For Tooth Decay Prevention
The best treatment for tooth decay is prevention. With that in mind, these are some of our favorite tips to help you avoid tooth decay:
- Brush your teeth thoroughly and floss at least twice per day
- Rinse out your mouth regularly
- Avoid drinking sugary drinks
- Visit your dentist regularly
Make your appointment today with one of our friendly and professional dentists. With our help, your teeth can stay strong and healthy.